What is Toxic Black Mold?
Black mold is a common name for Stachybotrys chartarum. It is one of the most well known, and most frequent form of toxic mold because it can grow in homes and indoors where people live or work. Mold removal of this type is always needed, because Toxic black mold is considered extremely dangerous to humans because it produces potent toxins called mycotoxins that can cause health problems, both short and long term.
It will appear greenish-black, and could be wet and slimy, or dry and powdery, but odds are you won’t see it. This is why black mold removal is so vital, it can spread where you can’t see. It frequently grows out of sight, where there is a water leak, or water damage hidden from view. Inside walls, above ceilings, or under floors.
If you live in Buffalo or anywhere in WNY and you suspect you need black mold removal, time is crucial. When black mold removal or remediation doesn’t occur, it can spread into the ductwork, and spread spores and harmful toxins throughout the building.
How will I know Black Mold is there, If I can’t See it?
The mycotoxins of toxic black mold cause several different symptoms. A few general symptoms that you can notice from exposure to black mold include:
- Respiratory Problems
- Skin Inflammation
- Mental Impairment
- Immune System Suppression
- Damage to Internal Organs
Any health concerns should be immediately attended to by a medical professional! Toxic black mold can cause permanent damage to your health. This is why immediate removal is extremely important, the longer you are exposed to black mold, the more risk of health problems.
Once you are sure everyone is okay, the next step is removing the black mold. NEVER try to remove black mold on your own. With activity and disturbance, spores can spread throughout your home and cause even more harm. No matter who you ask, any building professional will tell you to call a mold removal expert.
Call (716) 261-2553 for fast, effective Mold Removal WNY! Or, Fill out this form.