Mold can lead to allergies, a strange smell throughout your house, and even cause permanent damage to your home. All indoor mold can is harmful, both to your property and your health, and should be removed immediately when detected. It’s important to make sure your home is mold free, so you and your family live happily. If you notice any of these signs in your home, contact SuperClean to help you with home mold removal in Buffalo, NY.
Mold has a very unpleasant, strong smell. If you notice a harsh scent in one area of your home, it could be mold. Be aware that mold can hide behind your wallpaper, in drywall or wood. Just because there isn’t visible mold, it doesn’t mean it’s not there. If you notice a musty smell, be sure to look into it before your mold problem gets worse.
Water damage almost always leads to mold, so remember to call a professional in the event of flood or water damage. A sign that you have moisture in your home (which is the perfect environment for mold to live in) is condensation around your house.. Surfaces like glass windows and metal pipes, mold can grow as condensation builds up and collects. Be sure to check under your sink or your basement to make sure you have every area checked.
Mold is most likely to grow in many area where there is water and moisture, so check any areas where there could be a potential water leak. Broken pipes or flooding in your neighborhood can lead to permanent water damage. Mold is often hidden, so even if there aren’t signs of visible mold, it can be hidden underneath the wallpaper or in the wall.
Appearance of Mold
Mold is commonly found in damp areas like the shower stall, the sink, or the bathtub. If there is any sign of visible mold, there is a chance that a larger colony of mold is growing somewhere around it. In areas like the basement or attic, you may need to look a little harder. Look for water stains or discoloration on the ceiling, floor, or walls. Mold can be white and thread-like or clusters of small black spots. The color of mold ranges in many colors: black, white, gray brown, and gray green.
Mold can have a very strong effect on people. So if you or your family start having allergic symptoms, mold could be growing in your home. Sneezing, a runny nose, and watering eyes just some of the symptoms that you may experience. If you find yourself feeling better from some of these symptoms when your not at home, there might be mold in the house.
Mold is most commonly known to infest the walls in your home, which means that it will cause some damage to your walls. Signs like peeling, bubbling, or cracking of the paint or wallpaper is very common. Another sign is if the wall feels damp. Seek professionals who specialize in mold removal.
Unfortunately, the only solution is to contact professional mold removal specialists to remove mold from your environment. Just washing mold off or using bleach doesn’t fully remediate the situation. Remember, it isn’t only your home or business that is being damaged by mold, the health of you, your family, or your fellow co-workers are being put in jeopardy. We specialize in mold removal in WNY.
For more information on mold remediation in Buffalo and Western New York, please contact Superclean today.